You're retired. Now what?
To decide how to use your retirement time wisely, start by asking yourself some key questions:
- What do I really want to do at this stage in my life?
- What have I always wanted to do?
- Are there restrictions to bear in mind, such as health or finances?
Do some initial brainstorming and list anything and everything you can think of, no matter how relevant, feasible or possible it may seem. Likely, you've worked hard all your life to raise and support a family. Now, it's time to be yourself and devote your energies to those areas that give you the greatest pleasure, meaning and joy.
The search for the answers can be helped by thinking in terms of four possible categories:
- Enriching Yourself
- Enriching Your Family and Friends
- Enriching Your Society and Community
- Enriching the World
Of course, as in all your life, when making choices, you may need to consult your spouse or take into account his or her physical and emotional needs. This would help to make your chosen activities more viable, interesting and valuable.